St Mary’s Catholic College provides a Learning Support Service that is embedded in the classroom curricula.
Support is offered to students with impairments, specific learning disabilities and/or learning difficulties and to those for whom English is a second language. St Mary’s also has an Indigenous Education Support Officer and committee to develop programs and directions in this area.
St Mary’s Learning Support Service aims to develop independence in students. Learning support teachers and teacher aides provide specialised support so all students may reach their potential as independent young adults.
Learning Support is provided in the form of:
- Literacy and numeracy tutorials
- In-class aide support
- Individual aide support
- Individual literacy support
- Indigenous education support
- Homework support
- Study / assignment support
- English as a second language tutorials
- Professional development sessions for staff
- Classroom accessibility